Here are some things to consider and perhaps discuss with us:
You will need to have a basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows so that you can copy and save files.
- You will need to have software to capture and use the collected data which is a text file (.txt format) . We find that most users are importing their data into Microsoft Excel.
- What type of barcodes are you scanning? If it's anything other then standard UPC codes (such as those found on retail products) email us.
- What information do you need to collect? If it's anything other than the standard "Item Number" and "Quantity", email us and ask if we can do it.
- How many barcode scanners will you need to complete the job in one week ? Don't cut it too close, the unexpected can be depended upon (remember Murphy).
- Does your computer have a serial port in addition to the usual USB ports.
Barcode Scanner Rental Services, LLC
The small business physical inventory rental specialists